Private Cloud Management Services
Our Private Cloud Management offering, called Private Compute-as-a-Service (CaaS), is one of our cloud services that provides the capabilities of Dimension Data’s award-winning Public CaaS Hosting platform onto best-of-breed dedicated hardware to provide clients with a secure and segmented hosting environment that is unique to the client, and is isolated from the rest of the public cloud.
With Private CaaS, clients can:
- Create separate “accounts” for each internal client, allowing them to be logically separate and have separate usage tracking for charge-back purposes
- Deploy Virtual Servers onto their own Layer 2 Cloud Networks using operating system images provided by Dimension Data or by the client.
- Deploy as many of these network segments as they require, allowing servers to remain isolated from each other
- Independently customise the firewall and load balancing capabilities of each network
- Manage both the Cloud Networks and Servers through an online interface or a REST-based API.
Private CaaS can be deployed in a data centre of the client's own choosing and is available in multiple standard builds, each for a fixed monthly cost. The Private CaaS solution provides client with a variety of options in terms of managing different “client” accounts within the private cloud architecture, including the ability to calculate chargeback invoicing based on internal client usage. Clients of Private CaaS can also enable hybrid public/private CaaS computing scenarios by leveraging Dimension Data Public CaaS infrastructure - using this option, Private CaaS clients can deploy assets with the same capabilities in the public cloud and manage them through the same interfaces used for the Private CaaS platform.
Typical buyers of Private CaaS within the enterprises are:
- Developers – who are often frustrated with enterprise IT for not being able to move quickly enough to setup and deliver testing and development environments orprovide systems for stress/scale testing.
- IT Director – often concerned about standards, process and security, and would prefer to build an internal private cloud (in-house) to maintain control of integration of enterprise systems, applications and management.
- CIO – who is under pressure to reduce IT cost and risk while ensuring that enterprise IT is agile enough to better support the business needs.
Dedicated On-Presimse Private CaaS
One of Dimension Data’s cloud services, Private Compute-as-a-Service (Private CaaS), is a fully-managed private cloud infrastructure-as-a-service deployed on dedicated hardware with secure network isolation.
A Private Compute-as-a-Service provides a pre-determined set of server and storage resources as a dedicated service deployed in your data centre. The service includes the physical infrastructure, virtualisation and operating system software, implementation, cloud management (automated provisioning, orchestration and billing) and ongoing management by Dimension Data.
The Private Compute-as-a-Service also provides you with a variety of options for managing different client accounts within your private cloud architecture, including the ability to calculate chargeback invoicing based on internal client usage
Hosted Private CaaS
Like our Private CaaS, the Dimension Data Hosted Private CaaS comprises dedicated cloud infrastructure to provide on-demand, self-service, pay-for-use access and control of virtual servers, storage and networking.With this option, the Private CaaS is hosted within a Dimension Data data centre. Key features include enterprise-class security, controls and performance guarantees, as well as a REST-based API for easy integration into back-end systems, enterprise system management tools or third-party cloud applications.
Dimension Data recognises that the manner in which service providers’ clients – and their end users – consume IT services continues to evolve. As a result, many service providers are seeing sales of their core, legacy voice services beginning to wane. They need to offer a richer, more advanced set of services and target new client verticals if they’re to remain profitable. Dimension Data offers Provider CaaS to cater for the specific needs and challenges of our telecommunications clients. The Provider CaaS enables these organisations to offer a branded public or private cloud service. The service can be customised with an organisation’s own brand and deployed in a Dimension Data or client data centre.
- Fully managed cloud service to assist the provider to establish a service in the market
- Full white label capability to support provider client branding
- Supports self-service provisioning and management
- Technical operations performed centrally by Dimension Data – 24x7
- Monthly subscription plan, three year term contract